|(961) 5 60 30 90 ext.504||
Dr. Riad Al Wardany is currently working as an assistant professor of civil engineering at Hariri Canadian University (RHU), Lebanon. Before joining RHU, Dr. Al Wardany worked as a Project Manager at the Institute of Construction of the National Research Council Canada (institute responsible for elaborating the National Building Code of Canada), and as a Research Professional at University of Sherbrooke (Canada). He has also provided consulting services for clients in North America such as: City of Regina, Saskatchewan Agriculture Food and Rural Revitalization, St-Laurence Seaway, Hydro Quebec, Quebec Ministry of Transportation and Port of Montreal. Dr. Al Wardany has published many papers in international conferences and peer-reviewed journals (such as American Concrete Institute [ACI] Materials Journal).
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Sherbrooke, Canada, 2005. (with honors)
- M. Eng., Civil Engineering, National Institute of Applied Sciences, France, 2001.
- B. Eng., Civil Engineering, Lebanese University, Lebanon, 2000.
Dr. Al Wardany's area of expertise includes but not limited to: civil infrastructure, structural analysis and design; repair of concrete structures; construction methods; concrete technology (ready-mix industry, properties and control tests of fresh and hardened concrete, admixtures, self consolidated concrete, hot and cold weather concreting, mix design, etc.); evaluation of full-scale structural behavior of civil structures; structural health monitoring; Nondestructive testing; smart structures.
Honors and Mentions
- Award of distinction for Ph.D., University of Sherbrooke, 2005.
- NSERC Industrial Research Chair Scholarship, 2002 – 2005.
- University of Sherbrooke Graduate Scholarship, 2003.
- Tuition Scholarship, University of Sherbrooke, 2002 – 2003.
- Nomination for NSERC Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2006.
- Invited Speaker, Concrete Structures group, NRC-IRC, Ottawa, 2007.
- Invited Speaker, American University of Beirut, Beirut, 2009.